Monday, November 3, 2008

Hair Wars: Chapter IV: A New Hope


Emjoi Chic Epilator
Their description:
Virtually painless hair removal from the root. 21 extra gentle tweezers remove hair quickly...
I would really like to know their definition of "painless."
Here's the real story: You will be yanking your hair out of your body, roots & all. There may indeed be some drug that makes this act painless, but I'm not familiar with it.
That said, this is about as comfortable as you can get while a machine rips out your hair. The No!No! hurt less during the process, but there was the whole burn factor + the smell of frying hair.
Huge Warning--if you use this on your armpits, give yourself a full day to recover before using deodorant. Unless, of course, you are into the chemical burn.
I will update with re-growth prognosis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Follow up: OUCH!!!!!!!
After a few months of pulling out the hair, something inside the Emjoi developed a taste for blood. My blood. It started pulling out skin. My legs looked like I had been dragged along road by bicycle. Nothing inside looked any different, and I was always good about cleaning it. I'm just going to advise steering clear of this-- unless you are in to pain!